cpuminer-opt is a branch of cpuminer-multi from TPruvot with optimizations imported from other miners developed by Lucas Jones, djm34, Wolf0, pooler, Jeff Garzik, ig0tik3d, elmad, palmd and Optiminer, with additional optimizations Jay Dee Dee. All code is considered open and free. If anyone has a complaint about any of them, post your case on the cpuminer-opt Bitcoin Talk forum or by email.
GBT and getwork log changes:
- fixed missing TTF in New Block log,
- ntime no longer byte-swapped for display in New Work log,
- fixed zero effective hash rate in Periodic Report log,
- deleted “Current block is…” log.
Renamed stratum “New Job” log to “New Work” to be consistent with the solo
version of the log. Added more data to both versions.
Please note miners are often marked as malware by antivirus programs. This is not so, they are marked simply because they are cryptocurrency miners. If you do not trust the software, do not use it!
- A x86_64 architecture CPU with a minimum of SSE2 support. This includes Intel Core2 and newer and AMD equivalents. Further optimizations are available on some algoritms for CPUs with AES, AVX, AVX2, SHA, AVX512 and VAES.
Older CPUs are supported by cpuminer-multi by TPruvot but at reduced performance.
ARM and Aarch64 CPUs are not supported.
- 64 bit Linux or Windows OS. Ubuntu and Fedora based distributions, including Mint and Centos, are known to work and have all dependencies in their repositories. Others may work but may require more effort. Older versions such as Centos 6 don’t work due to missing features. 64 bit Windows OS is supported with mingw_w64 and msys or pre-built binaries.
MacOS, OSx and Android are not supported.
- Stratum pool supporting stratum+tcp:// or stratum+ssl:// protocols or RPC getwork using http:// or https://. GBT is YMMV.
allium Garlicoin anime Animecoin argon2 Argon2 coin (AR2) argon2d250 argon2d-crds, Credits (CRDS) argon2d500 argon2d-dyn, Dynamic (DYN) argon2d4096 argon2d-uis, Unitus, (UIS) axiom Shabal-256 MemoHash blake Blake-256 (SFR) blake2b Blake2b 256 blake2s Blake-2 S blakecoin blake256r8 bmw BMW 256 bmw512 BMW 512 c11 Chaincoin decred deep Deepcoin (DCN) dmd-gr Diamond-Groestl groestl Groestl coin hex x16r-hex hmq1725 Espers hodl Hodlcoin jha Jackpotcoin keccak Maxcoin keccakc Creative coin lbry LBC, LBRY Credits luffa Luffa lyra2h Hppcoin lyra2re lyra2 lyra2rev2 lyra2v2 lyra2rev3 lyrav2v3, Vertcoin lyra2z lyra2z330 Lyra2 330 rows, Zoin (ZOI) m7m Magi (XMG) minotaur Ringcoin (RNG) myr-gr Myriad-Groestl neoscrypt NeoScrypt(128, 2, 1) nist5 Nist5 pentablake Pentablake phi1612 phi phi2 Luxcoin (LUX) phi2-lux identical to phi2 pluck Pluck:128 (Supcoin) polytimos Ninja power2b MicroBitcoin (MBC) quark Quark qubit Qubit scrypt scrypt(1024, 1, 1) (default) scrypt:N scrypt(N, 1, 1) sha256d Double SHA-256 sha256q Quad SHA-256, Pyrite (PYE) sha256t Triple SHA-256, Onecoin (OC) sha3d Double keccak256 (BSHA3) shavite3 Shavite3 skein Skein+Sha (Skeincoin) skein2 Double Skein (Woodcoin) skunk Signatum (SIGT) sonoa Sono timetravel Machinecoin (MAC) timetravel10 Bitcore tribus Denarius (DNR) vanilla blake256r8vnl (VCash) veltor (VLT) whirlpool whirlpoolx x11 Dash x11evo Revolvercoin x11gost sib (SibCoin) x12 Galaxie Cash (GCH) x13 X13 x13bcd bcd x13sm3 hsr (Hshare) x14 X14 x15 X15 x16r x16rv2 Ravencoin (RVN) x16rt Gincoin (GIN) x16rt-veil Veil (VEIL) x16s Pigeoncoin (PGN) x17 x21s x22i x25x xevan Bitsend (BSD) yescrypt Globalboost-Y (BSTY) yescryptr8 BitZeny (ZNY) yescryptr8g Koto (KOTO) yescryptr16 Eli yescryptr32 WAVI yespower Cryply yespowerr16 Yenten (YTN) yespower-b2b generic yespower + blake2b zr5 Ziftr
Many variations of scrypt based algos can be mine by specifying their parameters:
scryptn2: --algo scrypt --param-n 1048576
cpupower: --algo yespower --param-key "CPUpower: The number of CPU working or available for proof-of-work mining"
power2b: --algo yespower-b2b --param-n 2048 --param-r 32 --param-key "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds"
sugarchain: --algo yespower --param-n 2048 -param-r 32 --param-key "Satoshi Nakamoto 31/Oct/2008 Proof-of-work is essentially one-CPU-one-vote"
yespoweriots: --algo yespower --param-n 2048 --param-key "Iots is committed to the development of IOT"
yespowerlitb: --algo yespower --param-n 2048 --param-r 32 --param-key "LITBpower: The number of LITB working or available for proof-of-work mini"
yespoweric: --algo yespower --param-n 2048 --param-r 32 --param-key "IsotopeC"
yespowerurx: --algo yespower --param-n 2048 --param-r 32 --param-key "UraniumX"
yespowerltncg: --algo yespower --param-n 2048 --param-r 32 --param-key "LTNCGYES"
Old algorithms that are no longer used frequently will not have the latest optimizations.
Cryptonight and variants are no longer supported, use another miner.
Neoscrypt crashes on Windows, use legacy version.
AMD CPUs older than Piledriver, including Athlon x2 and Phenom II x4, are not supported by cpuminer-opt due to an incompatible implementation of SSE2 on these CPUs. Some algos may crash the miner with an invalid instruction. Users are recommended to use an unoptimized miner such as cpuminer-multi.
cpuminer-opt does not work mining Decred algo at Nicehash and produces only “invalid extranonce2 size” rejects.
Benchmark testing does not work for x11evo.
Users are encouraged to post their bug reports using git issues or on the Bitcoin Talk forum or opening an issue in git:
All problem reports must be accompanied by a proper problem definition. This should include how the problem occurred, the command line and output from the miner showing the startup messages and any errors. A history is also useful, ie did it work before.
cpuminer-opt has no fees of any kind but donations are accepted.
Recommended New Articles:
- AwesomeMiner v7.7.1: ASIC/GPU/CPU-mining (Download for Windows)
- NiceHash Miner v3.0.1 .0: Download with mining support KawPow (RVN)
- Nanominer v1.9.4: AMD and NVIDIA GPUs miner (Support KawPow)
- WildRig Multi v0.24.1 : AMD GPU Miner with improved KAWPOW performance
- TeamRedMiner v0.7.1: Download with mining support KAWPOW
- Z-enemy 2.6.1 (Zealot/Enemy) – NVIDIA GPU miner for Windows