Control Panel / System and Security / Advanced System Settings / Advanced
Click on the button Options> Performance Options> Advanced>
We see the inscription virtual memory and click Change, we indicate 15 gigabytes for each veg. (If you don’t have that much memory, you can put 8 gigs per card, experienced from the forum say and it works like that)
I have 4 of them so we will put 60,000 MB. Original size 59000 – Max size 60,000 my case Original size 32000 – Max size 32000 – should work too
4) Change the power settings in the control panel
We expose the power plan “High performance”
Power supply / Changing circuit parameters – Disable display: – Never
6) Install the drivers and all their components and wait for the card to calm down. During installation, we do not touch or pull anything, at the end of the installation the program will offer a restart, usually when you click on it, it can also freeze. Feel free to reboot the system.
7) After installing the drivers, click on:
Games> Global Settings>
we will have two columns:
1 – Global Graphics (Radeon RX Vega)
2 – Global Wattman (Radeon Rx Vega)
in the first column, we need to click on the HBCC Memory Segment button and move it to the on position. And then click apply. The driver will reboot.
There is an important nuance here. Sometimes the checkbox is already enabled, but HBCC is actually disabled. AMD knows about this problem and, in principle, propose not to pay attention to it, that is, if HBCC is enabled and the hashrate is small, then just move the slider to the disabled position and, lo and behold, HBCC will actually work.
Then go to 2 – Global Wattman (Radeon Rx Vega)
and we don’t touch anything there except for the cooler settings. SPEED (RPM) Manual Put the slider in the on position and raise the cooler speed. This is necessary so that when you first start the miner, the card does not heat up to 78 degrees and does not start to smoke with gaskets.
8) We launch the miner. In my case, this is cast_xmr.
And we look at the Hashrate indicators. There should be 1500-1900h / s depending on the card. If the values are less, turn off the miner and go to the driver to enable / disable HBCC Memory Segment. Leave the miner to work like this for 15-20 minutes.
9) Turn off the miner through the “q” button. If you zhahnut on a cross in a batch file, there is a chance somewhere around 20 percent that the drivers will fall off (not very good for us)
10)We transfer the card to the riser and launch the miner again. If everything is ok, then connect the second card. We connect the map to a separate braid and a riser to a separate braid. It’s not 1050 she’s very moody in stock. 2 per braid = hemorrhoids.
IMPORTANT! Do not connect 3-4 cards at once, they load the power supply hard out of the box and the whole system flies into an eternal reboot or crashes the drivers. AMD knows this problem and promises to fix it.
When the second card is connected, the AMD CrossFire rectangle will appear in the drivers; it should be in the Off position. (Disabled)
Usually, if you turn it on in turn, it is immediately disabled, if not, then turn it off.
Now we have 4 columns, respectively, each map has its own settings and Wattman.
We repeat points 8 and 9. Having previously added the following card to the batch file in point -G 0.1, we make changes.
11) Launch the miner and go to play Wattman. We set -10 for the core and -5 for the power supply and leave the memory at the standard values (800). As the miner is running, every minute we add -5 for the core and -1 for power until we have a value of -20 core – 10 Power consumption limitation. (%). I do not recommend setting the parameters -30 / 950 / -10 right away, because sometimes it goes into artifacts and the devil would understand why. After we have recorded local success, we do the same with memory. Here the step can be different. I throw 20, until it turns out to be 940. I leave a stock somewhere, because Hynix is far from Samsung.
12) If there are 3 and 4 cards, add them in turn and repeat the whole process. Sometimes it looks ridiculous, 4 maps in the global chart for three HBCC is disabled, one is enabled, while in fact it works on all maps.
13) We launch the miner and enjoy stable work. When connecting 2 or more cards, the hash rate sometimes drops. I get somewhere between 1650-1900 h / s per second, depending on the card. And 1 mistake for 20,000 balls somewhere. Everything has been working non-stop for a week. Consumption is somewhere between 220-240 per card.
Please do not throw tomatoes, I know you sew all bios with one right and the timings with one left and you understand the registry from birth. I wrote for newbies like me. Success to everyone!
Do you like to read similar articles about cryptocurrencies and mining, do you want to support me as an author or ask questions? Be the first to know the news, subscribe to my telegram channel CRYPTO WIKIES