What’s new in v3.14.3?
- More mutex changes to reduce blocking with more threads;
- Fixed memory alignment issue in hodl algo;
- A warning has been added when the number of threads is not valid for mining hodl algo.
Please note miners are often marked as malware by antivirus programs. This is not so, they are marked simply because they are cryptocurrency miners. If you do not trust the software, do not use it!
cpuminer-opt is a branch of cpuminer-multi from TPruvot with optimizations imported from other miners developed by Lucas Jones, djm34, Wolf0, pooler, Jeff Garzik, ig0tik3d, elmad, palmd and Optiminer, with additional optimizations by JD Dee.
All code is considered open and free. If anyone has a complaint about any of them, post your case on the cpuminer-opt Bitcoin Talk forum or by email.
Miner programs are often flagged as malware by antivirus programs. This is a false positive, they are labeled simply because they are cryptocurrency miners. The source code is open to all. If you do not trust the software, do not use it.
This note confirms that bitcointalk users JayDDee and joblo are the same person.
I created a new BCT JayDDee user according to my github user id. The old thread was blocked, but still contains useful information to read.
See the RELEASE_NOTES file for the change log and INSTALL_LINUX or INSTALL_WINDOWS for compilation instructions.
- X86_64 architecture processor with minimal SSE2 support. This includes Intel Core2 and newer and AMD equivalents. Further optimization is available for some algorithms for processors with AES, AVX, AVX2, SHA, AVX512 and VAES.
- 64-bit Linux or Windows. It is known that distributions based on Ubuntu and Fedora, including Mint and Centos, work and have all the dependencies in their repositories. Others may work, but may require more effort. Older versions, such as Centos 6, do not work due to missing features. 64-bit Windows is supported with mingw_w64 and msys or pre-compiled binaries.
- A stratum pool supporting strata + tcp: // or strata + ssl: // protocols or RPC getwork using http: // or https: //. GBT is YMMV.
- Older processors are supported by cpuminer-multi TPruvot, but with reduced performance.
- ARM and Aarch64 processors are not supported.
- Mac, OSx, and Android are not supported.
allium Garlicoin anime Animecoin argon2 Argon2 coin (AR2) argon2d250 argon2d-crds, Credits (CRDS) argon2d500 argon2d-dyn, Dynamic (DYN) argon2d4096 argon2d-uis, Unitus, (UIS) axiom Shabal-256 MemoHash blake Blake-256 (SFR) blake2b Blake2b 256 blake2s Blake-2 S blakecoin blake256r8 bmw BMW 256 bmw512 BMW 512 c11 Chaincoin decred deep Deepcoin (DCN) dmd-gr Diamond-Groestl groestl Groestl coin hex x16r-hex hmq1725 Espers hodl Hodlcoin jha Jackpotcoin keccak Maxcoin keccakc Creative coin lbry LBC, LBRY Credits luffa Luffa lyra2h Hppcoin lyra2re lyra2 lyra2rev2 lyra2v2 lyra2rev3 lyrav2v3, Vertcoin lyra2z lyra2z330 Lyra2 330 rows, Zoin (ZOI) m7m Magi (XMG) minotaur Ringcoin (RNG) myr-gr Myriad-Groestl neoscrypt NeoScrypt(128, 2, 1) nist5 Nist5 pentablake Pentablake phi1612 phi phi2 Luxcoin (LUX) phi2-lux identical to phi2 pluck Pluck:128 (Supcoin) polytimos Ninja power2b MicroBitcoin (MBC) quark Quark qubit Qubit scrypt scrypt(1024, 1, 1) (default) scrypt:N scrypt(N, 1, 1) sha256d Double SHA-256 sha256q Quad SHA-256, Pyrite (PYE) sha256t Triple SHA-256, Onecoin (OC) sha3d Double keccak256 (BSHA3) shavite3 Shavite3 skein Skein+Sha (Skeincoin) skein2 Double Skein (Woodcoin) skunk Signatum (SIGT) sonoa Sono timetravel Machinecoin (MAC) timetravel10 Bitcore tribus Denarius (DNR) vanilla blake256r8vnl (VCash) veltor (VLT) whirlpool whirlpoolx x11 Dash x11evo Revolvercoin x11gost sib (SibCoin) x12 Galaxie Cash (GCH) x13 X13 x13bcd bcd x13sm3 hsr (Hshare) x14 X14 x15 X15 x16r x16rv2 Ravencoin (RVN) x16rt Gincoin (GIN) x16rt-veil Veil (VEIL) x16s Pigeoncoin (PGN) x17 x21s x22i x25x xevan Bitsend (BSD) yescrypt Globalboost-Y (BSTY) yescryptr8 BitZeny (ZNY) yescryptr8g Koto (KOTO) yescryptr16 Eli yescryptr32 WAVI yespower Cryply yespowerr16 Yenten (YTN) yespower-b2b generic yespower + blake2b zr5 Ziftr
Older algorithms that are no longer used often will not have the latest optimizations.
Cryptonight and its variants are no longer supported, use another miner.
Neoscrypt crashes on Windows, use an outdated version.
AMD processors older than Piledriver, including Athlon x2 and Phenom II x4, are not supported by cpuminer-opt due to the incompatible implementation of SSE2 on these processors. Some algorithms may crash the miner with the wrong instruction. Users are advised to use an unoptimized miner such as cpuminer-multi.
cpuminer-opt Decred algo mining does not work in Nicehash and only produces extranonce2 invalid size deviations.
Performance testing does not work for x11evo.
Complete list of available versions:
- cpuminer-opt v3.14.1: Optimized multi algo CPU miner for Windows
- cpuminer-opt v126.96.36.199 – The optimized CPU miner (NoDevFee)
Recommended New Articles:
- TeamRedMiner v0.7.6.2 NIMIQ ALPHA RELEASE (AMD GPU Miner)
- Will Bitcoin destroy the monetary system of states? Cryptocurrency and Fiat
- Bitcoin, Liquid and RSK & Bitcoin Blockchain Scaling
- SRBMiner-MULTI v0.4.7 CPU & AMD GPU Miner [Windows & Linux]
- XMRig v6.2.0-beta: RandomX, CryptoNight, AstroBWT and Argon2 CPU/GPU miner
- GMiner v2.10: Download with Qitmeer ( 20%) [Windows | Linux]
This post is also available in: Русский