Introducing the updated popular stable miner with several optimization methods CryptoDredge 0.27.0, in which the developer commission is only 1% (DevFee). The new version of the program adds support for mining FiroPoW and Ethash. The current version of CryptoDredge is a portable console program. The downloaded ZIP file should be unzipped before editing the configuration.bat file.
What’s new in CryptoDredge 0.27.0?
Added FiroPoW algorithm
Added Ethash algorithm
Added parameter –worker
Remove algorithms that are no longer supported. Check the Readme for more information
The latest version of the program requires the latest drivers from Nvidia.
NVIDIA graphics cards supporting CUDA 5.0 or higher (Maxwell, Pascal architecture)
Windows 7/8.1/10 (64-bit systems only)
Linux Ubuntu 18.04+, Debian 10.0+ (64-bit versions)
In GitHub releases, scroll down to “Assets” and download the latest version available.
1) Download the application.
2) Unpack to any convenient place
3) Install and run the .bat file
The current version of CryptoDredge is a (portable) console application. Unpack the downloaded archive and edit one of the sample .bat/.sh files or provide the required command line arguments.
CryptoDredge -a <ALGO> -o stratum+tcp://<POOL> -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> -p <OPTIONS>
Set up CryptoDredge
After extracting, in the same folder as cryptodredge.exe, you need to create a file with the .bat extension or edit the finished one. Open the .bat file with Notepad. Below is an example setup for NiceHash. You need to enter the following commands into it:
title (rvn) - nicehash
cryptodredge -a kawpow -o stratum+tcp://kawpow.eu-west.nicehash.com:3385 -u 1P2qADz69quhfyK5e9kvfno6Jyjq4Rcocx -p x --log 1.txt
Instead of 1P2qADz69quhfyK5e9kvfno6Jyjq4Rcocx, just insert your wallet address from your NiceHash account. A file with the .bat extension is created in any text editor.
Run the miner
The program is launched in the standard way: double-click the left mouse button on the file with the .bat extension. After launch, a window opens with all the parameters entered. They are enough to start mining tokens. Just double click on it, a terminal window will appear and you will start mining!
Setting for Ravencoin
@echo off title KawPow (RVN) - 2miners pool CryptoDredge -a kawpow -o stratum+tcp://rvn.2miners.com:6060 -u RKAeArXkWLNERjWo5YF3R1xFnYCwKf11sX -p x pause
CryptoDredge – starts the program.
kawpow – specify the cryptocurrency mining algorithm.
rvn.2miners.com:3390 – specify the pool address.
6060 – specify the port of the pool.
RKAeArXkWLNERjWo5YF3R1xFnYCwKf11sX – specify the crypto wallet of the token. You can use an exchange or cold wallet at your own discretion.
Setting up a batch file for LUX
1) Program name (title argument). The title you selected will appear on it. For easy tracking, we provide currency, pool and algorithm.
2) The software to be released is called CryptoDredge. Changes are not required to run CryptoDredge. Note that the application folder must contain a .bat file.
3) phi2 coin mining algorithm. LUXcoin phi2 is written. Additionally, we will provide -a lyra2z for GINcoin using the Lyra2Z algorithm.
4) -o eu.bsod.pw – Enter the URL of the pool you want to use.
5):6667 pool port after colon description. Keep in mind that different algorithms use different ports across multiple pools.
6) Your digital wallet address -u
7) c=LUX – If the token of the mined coin is not mentioned, the mining pool cannot know which coin you want to mine.
The basic setup of the program is completed. I double click on the .bat file to run it from where the unzipped software is located.
Advanced batch file setup
Reduce the visual overclocking of the map if you have never used this application before and evaluate the stability of the miner. Various overclocking cards are compatible with various applications.
1) The coin algorithm is given by -a, –algo. (Supported: skein, phi1612, phi2, lyra2v2, lyra2z, neoscrypt and blake2s)
2) The –device option tells the program which devices to use. All available devices are used by default. Only with video cards #2 and #3? Use a comma to separate the list: -d 2,3
3) Mining intensity is set by the -i, –intensity parameter. The range of possible values is from 0 to 6.
4) –log allows you to log the event file
5) –no-color Turn off line color
6) You can disable the program’s watchdog using the –no-watchdog option.
7) –cpu-priority Set process priority from 0 to 5, where 5 is the highest (default: 3)
8) –api-type Select the appropriate API type. approved values (TCP) ccminer-tcp (default) disabled for ccminer-ws (WebSocket)
9) -b, –api-bind IP: miner API port, disabled to 0, (default: 127.0.0.1:4068) 10) – retries (number) of attempts on an unsuccessful network call (default: retry the connection indefinitely)
11) –retry-pause specifies the number of seconds to wait between retries (default: 15)
12) — timeout (number) Network timeout, in seconds (default: 30)
We have covered all the keys that can be used to set up this software. Functionality will increase and this guide will be updated as new versions are released. Stay with us!
Instead of [wallet address] just paste your wallet address. Be sure to keep the quotation marks with quotation marks.
Save the file and run CryptoDredge.exe for Windows.
or ./CryptoDredge for Linux.
Most issues are usually due to outdated GPU drivers. If the miner doesn’t work or can’t detect your GPU, try updating your drivers to the latest versions!
Many Nvidia miners require CUDA to work properly. You should download and install the latest CUDA toolkit for your Nvidia card.
Antivirus Software Reports
CryptoDredge is not part of the malware. You can try adding an exception to the antivirus software you use.
Balloons are not accepted for various reasons. Main reasons:
1) Long network lag
2) Aggressively overclocked the video card
3) Rebooted the server
Problem with Lyra2REv2.
Try lyra2v2-old if you have problems with the current version of Lyra2REv2 (lyra2v2).
CryptoDredge -a lyra2v2-old -o POOL -u YOUR_WALLET
The software freezes or refuses to start.
Misconfiguration of the .bat file is the root cause of problems in most cases.
A list of possible troubleshooting procedures is provided below:
Image expands on click
1) Check all riser contacts. Sometimes switching PCI-e slots is useful.
2) Inspect the power supply. If the graphics cards are not getting enough power from the device, a software crash may occur.
3) Be careful.
If you are using a third party watchdog, you can disable the built in watchdog with --no-watchdog option.
CryptoDredge -a <ALGO> -o stratum+tcp://<POOL> -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> --no-watchdog
Multiple instances after a while
It looks like you are using CryptoDredge’s own restart mechanism (see Watchdog).
If the built-in watchdog is enabled, CryptoDredge will generate and send a report to us. You can turn off crash reporting with the –no-crashreport option. Allowing CryptoDredge to send us automated reports helps us prioritize what needs to be fixed and improved in future releases.
Crash reports will not contain any personal information about you, but may include:
Operating system version
Application crash data
If you encounter many “invalid share: invalid pow” errors from the pool, set the –hashrate option to calculate startup difficulty.
Do you like to read similar articles about cryptocurrencies and mining, do you want to support me as an author or ask questions? Be the first to know the news, subscribe to my telegram channel CRYPTO WIKIES