CGMiner 4.1.11 – This is a multi-threaded multi-bullet FPGA and ASIC miner for bitcoins, as well as the most popular miner for GPU / FPGA / ASIC. CGMiner – This is an open source GPU miner written in C and available on several platforms such as Windows, Linux and OS X. One of the things that make it extremely popular is the fact that it is based on the original Cpu code. Miner.
CGMiner includes overclocking, monitoring, fan speed control and remote interface features. Other features include self-discovery of new blocks using a mini-database, binary cores, multi-GPU support, and processor mining support. There are many other characteristics of this miner, which you can find out in this article about CGMiner.
DOWNLOAD CGMiner 4.1.11:
Please note miners are often marked as malware by antivirus programs. This is not so, they are marked simply because they are cryptocurrency miners. If you do not trust the software, do not use it!
Other versions of CGMiner:
Full list of available versions:
Changelog (Relaeses) CGMiner:
- Alias T1factory option to noauto.
- sem_timedwait needs to use CLOCK_REALTIME.
- Conditional timedwaits need to use CLOCK_REALTIME.
- Remove unused abstime.
- Disable implicit fallthrough warning for newer GCCs.
- Alphabetical options.
- Cope with abs timeouts not working on some OSs, fixing a logic error on
- hash table: use lookup instead of iteration
- Do away with useless factory tune.
- Keep diff low for accurate hashrates.
- Take an optional fanspeed target allowing for quiet operation.
- Change default pll back to 1332.
- Set lastshare on successful reinit and sleep longer for each retry.
- Allow much tighter temperature control if temperature is unchanged for a
longer period, allowing temps to get to 75 degrees and have optimally low
- Use clock_gettime instead of gettimeofday to not be burnt by ntp changes.
- Remove useless variables.
- Should be 390k.
- Set lower spi speed to allow ultra low frequencies on shutdown.
- Re-initialise chains first if possible instead of shutting down cgminer.
- Abstract out prepare T1.
- Abstract out start t1 chain.
- More reliably shut down cgminer from the driver thread.
- Import SPI fixes.
- Import dev fixes.
- Speed up mcompat_find_chain_vid since we are just going to lower voltage
during tuning it doesn’t need to be very accurate.
- Fast start/restart with clean shutdown to lower power but powered on mode.
- Import Dragonmint T1 driver and version rolling AKA asicboost support.
- Do not give out API description to random probes to inappopriately open ports.
- Use system provided uthash and libjansson if provided preferentially now.
- Update uthash to version 2.0.2
- Avoid potential buffer overflows in api.c
- Fix write config with enable-icarus changes.
- Sleep if btcd isn’t immediately available and try again when attempting to
decode a coinbase.
- Elaborate what type of pool coinbase transactions to decode and do not print a
warning if no devices are attached when decoding.
- Add a –decode option that decodes a pool’s coinbase transactions and exits.
- Set up gbt_curl before setting gbt_solo flag to prevent gbt_curl deref in
- remove cgminer-api libusb dependency
- Update jasson library in gitignore
- Fix compile guide for api-example.c
- Cleanup libusb-1.0 in gitignore
- Remove AVA7_FREQ_CUTOFF_MODE for Avalon7
- Initialize default temp in detect_modules for Avalon7
- Remove AVA7_FREQ_TEMPADJ_MODE for Avalon7
- Fix build with disable-libcurl.
cgminer -o http://pool:port -u username -p password
cgminer -o http://pool1:port -u pool1username -p pool1password -o http://pool2:port -u pool2usernmae -p pool2password
Single pool with a standard http proxy:
cgminer -o "http:proxy:port|http://pool:port" -u username -p password
socks5 proxy Single pool with:
cgminer -o "socks5:proxy:port|http://pool:port" -u username -p password
Single pool with stratum protocol support:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://pool:port -u username -p password
Solo mining to local bitcoind:
cgminer -o http://localhost:8332 -u username -p password --btc-address 15qSxP1SQcUX3o4nhkfdbgyoWEFMomJ4rZ
If you compile cgminer with a version of CURL before 7.19.4, then some of the above will not be available. All available since version 7.19.4 CURL
If you specify the –socks-proxy option for cgminer, it will be applied only to all pools that do not specify their own proxy settings, as described above.
After saving the configuration from the menu, you do not need to give the arguments to cgminer, and it will load your configuration.
Any configuration file may also contain one “include”: “filename” to recursively include another configuration file. A configuration record will save all the settings from all the files in the output.
Features and Commands:
CGMiner on Windows Setup Guide for Bitcoin Users + ASIC Miner Setup
- Very low overhead free c code for Linux and windows with very low nonmining CPU mining and ram usage
- Stratum and GBT pooled mining protocol support, including ultra low overhead solo mining
- Scaleable networking scheduler designed to scale to any size hashrate without networking delays yet minimise connection overhead
- long poll support will use longpoll from any pool if primary pool does not support it
- Self detection of new blocks with a minidatabase for slow/failing longpoll scenarios, maximum work efficiency and minimum rejects.
- Heavily threaded code hands out work retrieval and work submission to separate threads to not hinder devices working
- Caching of submissions during transient network outages
- Preemptive fetching of work prior to completion of current work
- Local generation of valid work (via stratum, GBT or ntime rollover) whenever possible, as supported on a perwork item basis
- Prevention of stale work submission on new block
- Summarised and discrete device data statistics of requests, accepts, rejects, hw errors and work utility
- Summary displayed when quitting
- Supports multiple pools with multiple intelligent failover mechanisms
- Temporary disabling of misbehaving pools rejecting all shares
- On the fly menu based management of most settings
- Trickling of extra work to backup pools if primary pool is responding but slow
- RPC +/ JSON interface for remote control
- Bitforce support singles and minirig
- Icarus support
- Modminer support
- Ability to cope with slow routers
- Submitold support
- XRejectReason support
- Variable difficulty support
- Share difficulty reporting
- Target and block difficulty displays
- Block solve detection
- ASIC Avalon support
- Bitburner support
- Redfury/Bluefury USB stick support
- Bi*fury USB support
- Hexfury USB support
- Onestring miner support
- BlackArrow Bitfury support
- BFL SC asic support
- Drillbit support
- Klondike support
- KnCminer(Saturn) support
- KnCminer(Jupiter) support
- KnCminer(Neptune) support
- Hashfast support
- Nanofury support
- Minion support
- Antminer U1/2+ support
- Bitmine A1 support
- Avalon2/3 support
- Bitmain S1 support
- Cointerra support
- BFx2 support
- Spondoolies SP10 support
- Spondoolies SP30 support
- Rockminer RBox support
- Hashratio support
- Avalon4/5/6/7 support
- Compac gekko support
- Direct USB communications
- Device hotplug
- Heavily featured RPC API
- Multicast support
- Proxy support
- Lots of other stuff I can’t remember. See options.
Miner CGMiner is designed to work with AMD graphics cards. Since he does not know how to extract currency using CUDA technology. If you have a computer or farm with NVIDIA graphics cards, it is best to use Claymore Dual Miner.
Of the interesting features of this program, it is worth noting the availability of tools for overclocking the GPU and even for controlling the speed of coolers. It is recommended to use them very carefully.
Even CGMiner can provide debugging information, automatically disable a “problem” worker, work through a proxy, and use the Load Balance and Round Robin strategies. The user is given the opportunity to specify the width of the vectors, time periods for reconnection, create artificial delays for routers and configure a separate message output.
- the lack of GUI (console application);
- using the NeoScrypt algorithm, helps to achieve maximum values of MH/s;
- availability of tools for overclocking the graphics card;
- change parameters via the configuration file;
- display a detailed log;
- To simplify the work with the program, you can use the cgwatcher graphical shell.
Options for config CGMiner
The intensity of the main indicator that affects the speed of the miner, its value is set from 0 to 20. It should be borne in mind that too high a rate can negatively affect the speed of mining, since it can exhaust all available memory and actually reduce the speed of mining at best. In the worst case, a large number of incorrect calculations and HW errors will appear. Please note that if the intensity is not set, CGMiner will dynamically adjust it taking into account the possibility of comfortable work on the PC.
The parallel stream controls the optimal amount of computation that the scrypt algorithm can perform. Initially, it is configured to maximize the use of multiple threads of all the shader blocks of the graphics card that it has. The value must be a multiple of the number of shader blocks of the video card. Accordingly, if “thread parallelism” is indicated, then the shaders can be removed. It is recommended that you spend some time looking for the best value for your video card to achieve maximum performance.
CGMiner GPU mining
A new version of CGMiner git 5.3.1-tpruvot has appeared for the production of Decred using AMD and NVIDIA GPUs. This new version of the miner should work better than the previously available CGMiner DCR plug.
This branch comes with support for both protocols, adopting a bead such as a formal protocol, and more advanced work through the layer. As mentioned above, the miner will work with AMD and NVIDIA GPU graphics cards (using OpenCL, not CUDA).
Keep in mind that NVML monitoring only works in the 64-bit version. When testing this version of the miner, we were able to achieve a higher hashrate on video cards from NVIDIA than when using tpruvot fork ccMiner to mine DCR. Those who manufacture using AMD graphics cards should have no problems switching to this version of the miner. You will probably be able to get the best Decred mining results using Gatework-enabled pools through Stratum.
CryptoNight mining algorithm
The main objective of Cryptonight is not to create a gap between PC users and owners of specialized ASIC devices during mining. Abadi and other cryptographers have developed memory sensitive algorithms.
The main idea is to highlight a large data block (Notepad) in RAM with an unpredictable sequence in it. The block should be large enough to make data storage more convenient than calculating it each time it is accessed. The algorithm should also prevent internal concurrency, that is, N simultaneous threads should require N times more memory at the same time.
The popular Scrypt algorithm also uses memory, but leaves the possibility of creating powerful and relatively inexpensive computing devices to calculate this algorithm. In the case of CryptoNote, unlike Scrypt, each new block (64 bytes) depends on all the previous ones. The new algorithm requires about 2 MB of RAM, which is the minimum size of the L3 cache of modern processors. At the same time, this amount of RAM eliminates the use of ASIC.
We must distinguish between CryptoNote and CryptoNight. CryptoNight is one of the implementations of the CryptoNote protocol. According to the Kryptonite algorithm, Monero (XMR), ByteCoin (BCN), Aeoncoin were built.
The advantages of production on this algorithm:
- Smoothly decreasing emission.
- Small time intervals between blocks;
- The inability to mine on ASIC hardware.
- The use of bundles of CPU+GPU for greater performance.
- Fundamental differences from bitcoin, which contributes to the growth of interest in new cryptocurrencies.
- Innovation profitable CryptoNight coin isolated from most of the altcoins on the old algorithms.
- Profitability and expediency of production is higher than most other cryptocurrencies.
- Less heating of the graphics card and processor than when mining on other algorithms.
Other versions of CGMiner:
- v4.9.2: https://crazy-mining.org/majning-2/soft/skachat-cgminer-4-9-2-gpu-majner-dlya-fpga-asic/
- v4.1.11: https://crazy-mining.org/majning-2/soft/skachat-cgminer-4-1-11-majner-fpga-asic/