lolMiner 0.9.8 – it is an OpenCL GPU miner with open source code, available for Windows and Linux only in the form of precompiled binary files, and that for the use of software for all supported algorithms a fee of 1% is charged. The miner should run on Nvidia GPUs with OpenCL, but stability and performance may not be optimal, which is why it is best suited for AMD GPUs.
Source Code lolMiner:
Full list of available versions lolMiner:
- Improved GRIN-C29M solver, Better performance (+7-12% depending on card) and smaller memory use (fits 6G now)
- Added support for Radeon 5500 (XT) and 5600 (XT) on all Grin algorithms
- Added BEAM support for Radeon 5500, 5600 and 5700 series (Needing 19.30 and newer driver)
- Fixed driver incompatibilities with some newer driver versions (e.g. Linux 19.50)
- Renamed GRIN-AD29 to MWC-C29D to mine cuckarood-29
- Added a small penalty to C32 in auto switcher – it seems the solver has not perfect fidelity and the penalty will make it switch a bit later to cover this. Will hopefully be fixed in next version
- Removed 14 cycle fidelity from overview – new C29M solver does not output it properly.
- Fixed a bug with Vega GPUs trying to read wrong kernels in Grin auto switcher
Setup and Use lolMiner
Configure bat file lolMiner
- lolMiner.exe – indicate the name of the program that will be launched
- –coin BEAM – parameter – coin determines which coin to mine. lolMiner will select the internal settings as the desired algorithm.
- –pool beam-eu.leafpool.com – after the –pool switch, specify the pool address.
- –port 3333 – specify the port of the pool. You need to find it on the page with the pool, or use the example of ready-made settings at the end of the article
- —user 3d1f865b393hgf3ead1e0dd0c0307c0cbcdb8411671c86fbd0b22cfe5328b608ca5 after the –user key, indicate the wallet address or login on the pool. The wallet can be opened at any safe and convenient exchange, or put an official wallet from a coin.
- .rig0 – put a point and specify the farm identifier. It is only needed to track statistics on the pool.
Mining launch lolMiner
The first way to use the miner from the command line interface.
Linux: ./lolMiner --coin <shortCut> --pool <poolAddr>:<portNumber> --user <Wallet or user name> --pass <userPassword>
Windows: lolMiner.exe --coin <shortCut> --pool <poolAddr>:<portNumber> --user <Wallet or user name> --pass <userPassword>
Second – You can start mining by double-clicking on the “.bat” file with the desired coin. We start on a farm with Windows and AMD cards and see what the program console writes to us:
- Equihash 150/5 algorithm – the algorithm that we chose when setting up the batch file
- Warning: No user profile defined in command line (—profile (profileName> missing) – the program warns that we did not specify a profile through the configuration. But we configured through the .bat file, so the profile settings (config file) can be ignored
- Reading pool data from command line – the program prepares information about connecting to the pool, which we specified in the batch file
- lolMiner is configured to mine Beam(BEAM), Equihash 150/5 — BeamHash – the miner realized that we want to mine a Beam coin!
- Radeon RX 580 Series – Cards for mining cryptocurrency are determined. In our case, it is RX 580
- Memory: 8192 MByte (8138 MByte free) – 8138 MB of video memory available
- Active: true (Selected kernel: Equihash 150/5 (Beam), 4G memory) – the program chose the core for mining
We wait some time until all devices are detected and see the following:
- Connecting to pool… – connect to the pool
- Connected to beam-eu.sparkpool.com:2222 – successfully connected
- New job received: 1 Difficulty 100 – pool sent work for video cards
- GPU 4: Submitting shareю Share accepted (35 ms) – the first ball is accepted (share of work). It must be understood that the miner receives the reward precisely for the sent balls.
After waiting a bit, the console will show us the hashrate and temperatures of all the GPUs.
If the program does not start or crashes, then add the pause key at the end of the batch file. So you will see the code and description of the error and the console will not close, but will display information.
Disabling miner commission (NoDevFee):
You can disable the miner’s commission by adding the -nofee switch. Or use the utility:
- NoDevFee (NoFee) – Disabling the commission in the miner.
If the program does not work stably or crashes, then you need to increase the virtual memory of the system:
Control Panel \ All elements of the control panel \ System – Advanced system settings – Advanced tab, then Options, again Advanced tab.
We find the settings of the Virtual memory, click “Change.” Uncheck the box “Automatically select the size of the swap file” and put the checkbox “Specify size”. Specify the desired size in MB (Example for 6 cards – 45000). Click on the Set button. Reboot the farm.
Error: No coin profile find for coin
You are using the wrong version of the coin program. The program cannot find the profile and kernels for mining this algorithm.
Supported algorithms, video cards and requirements for them:
|Algorithm||Miner Parameter||GPUs Vendors||Solvers for Memory Size|
|Beam Hash II||BEAM||All||3G / 4G|
|Cuckatoo-31||GRIN-C31||AMD Only||4G / 8G / 16G|
|Cuckatoo-32||GRIN-C32||All||8G / 16G|
|ZelHash||ZEL||All||3G / 4G|
|Equihash 144/5||BTG, ANON*||All||2G|
|Equihash 192/7||ZEL, YEC, GENX||All||3G / 4G|
Recommended Related Articles:
- GMiner 1.98: AMD / Nvidia GPUs miner (Download for Windows / Linux)
- BEAM Wallet for Windows / MacOS / Linux (Download GUI / CLI / FullNode)
- BitcoinSV (BSV) & ElectrumSV wallet for Windows & Linux
- NiceHash Miner 22.214.171.124 CPU/GPU miner for Windows & Linux
- nanominer 1.8.2: Nvidia & AMD GPU miner for Windows & Linux