A large e-commerce company – Rakuten, known as the “Japanese Amazon”, announced the launch of a new service that can attract people to cryptocurrency.
A subsidiary of Rakuten Wallet, a cryptocurrency exchange launched in April, has developed a feature that allows users to convert loyalty points into cryptocurrency.
Shoppers in Japan with an account and loyalty points can convert them to Bitcoins, Ethereum and BCH using the Rakuten Wallet app.
But there are restrictions on the number of positions that can be exchanged per transaction per month. The service itself is intended for the introduction of leading cryptocurrencies.
“By launching a new service, Rakuten Wallet hopes to facilitate the entry to the cryptocurrency market for beginners who do not have any experience in this business.”
– the company itself said
The service helps expand the range of Rakuten Super Points services for millions of users.
According to Statista, the retail giant expanded its customer list to 107 million in the second quarter of 2019, compared to 68.1 million in the third quarter of 2014.
Recommended Related Articles:
- Cindicator Launches Cryptocurrency Fund
- Huobi has opened registration for a new cryptocurrency exchange
- Robinhood app creators will launch their own cryptocurrency wallet
- Exodus wallet – Cryptocurrency wallet: Installation, setup, exchange, download.
- Electrum Wallet – Bitcoin wallet: review, installation, download.