RavenCoin (RVN) will switch mining algorithms from the currently used X16Rv2 to the new KAWPOW on May 6, 2020 at 18:00:00 UTC. The new algorithm, called KAWPOW, is derived from ProgPOW with parameters specific to Ravencoin, so in terms of performance, you can expect the same hashrate as for ProgPow. There is an official kawpowminer, as well as some popular alternative miners that support the new algorithm, such as NBMiner and GMiner, TT-Miner also tests support, although so far only in beta and other miners are likely to add it soon too. You can already try to mine KAWPOW on the RVN test network, and after 3 weeks KAWPOW will be on the Ravencoin network. To make sure that you are ready to support the upcoming hard fork for the KAWPOW algorithm, you should upgrade to the latest Ravencoin v4.0.0 binaries that were just available, keep in mind that there may be additional fixes and updates released before the fork, make sure you know. It is assumed that the upcoming hard fork will once again drive away any FPGA / ASIC miners and provide fair mining conditions for GPU miners.
Recommended New Articles:
- SGMiner v5.6.0: Nicehash Fork for mining X11-Gost (SIBCoin)
- NEO founder Da Hongfei: “blockchain will help the world after a pandemic”
- XMRig 5.11.0: Download with AstroBWT CUDA Support for Windows
- SRBMiner-MULTI 0.4.3: Download with Tellor Support (TRB) for Windows
- Huobi launches a tool to automatically block suspicious accounts