What is mining mempool?
A mempool in a bitcoin network is a collection of all transactions pending confirmation by miners. When a miner takes a transaction to include it in the next block, it automatically receives the first confirmation.
Professionals monitor the workload of the memo, because in times of recession, you can set a minimum commission and hope for a quick confirmation of the transaction. And, on the contrary, the more loaded the mempool, the higher the transaction fee, as it was last winter.
This weekend, after more than 9,000 transactions (worth 1 satoshi / byte) were confirmed, the mempool size dropped sharply by about 41 MB. Twitter users speculated that UTXO’s consolidation by a large exchange or Coinbase’s activity could have caused it.
Recommended Related Articles:
- Ethereum team plans to implement sharding by 2020
- Xmrig 2.14.5 (AMD & Nvidia GPU Miner) Download and Configure
- Edward Snowden does not trust Bitcoin, why ??
- Bminer 15.7.6 (Download and Configure)
- What prevents cryptocurrencies from taking over the world?
This post is also available in: Русский