Kraken Security Labs said they found a way to extract seed phrases from KeepKey hardware wallets.
According to them, the process takes only 15 minutes.
However, in order to carry out the plan, the attackers need physical access to the device and an inexpensive device that can cause a microcontroller to malfunction due to a voltage drop.
Experts added that the vulnerability is inherent in KeepKey microcontrollers and to modernize the devices it is necessary to eliminate it.
Kraken representatives told KeepKey about the problem, but they replied that their task was to “protect user keys from remote attacks.” first of all, cybersecurity experts advise not to give anyone physical access to KeepKey wallets, and also try not to lose the device.
Recommended Related Articles:
- Home-made ATM for transactions in the Lightning Network
- PayPal confirms decision to refuse to participate in Libra project
- In Russia, invented a gaming PC with built-in mining function
- SRBPolaris V3.5 – Program for editing BIOS on AMD RX4XX and RX5XX cards
- ATIFlash / ATI WinFlash 2.9.3 (BIOS flashing) download
- OverdriveNTool – tool for AMD [Download]
- OhGodAnETHlargementPill – Tablet for mining GTX 1080, GTX 1080 Ti (DOWNLOAD)
This post is also available in: Русский